CVN 1.52% 16.3¢ carnarvon energy limited

Potential takeover, page-12

1. 1,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 357
    My guess is 30c-50c but closer to the mid point of these. Just need a competitive environment but unfortunately STO's position on FID and its don't care attitude for minority stakeholders means uncertainty and markets hate uncertainty. My guess is a mid cap like Beach may be interested. They like buying known fields and developing. Apart from that not much else I can think of. As for foreign dudes our regulatory environment would scare them off.

I do like the judge's recent statement on STO's Barossa debacle. From the West Australian newspaper thanks to a HC contributor.

The judge in Santos’ underwater heritage trial has labelled key evidence underpinning claims the Barossa offshore gas pipeline will impact an underwater songline as “the most unscientific proposition” she’s heard, with a judgement day for the case now set in stone.

Still it wasted valuable time and really pissed STO off. Potential foreign investors would have been watching.

To all contributors. Thanks for your input which has been valuable in improving my understand of CVN as an investor. Just a shame I dumped 50% of shares after building a position for at least a decade just hours before the Nero announcement. Still I'm still in the game and above water (just).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.3¢
Change
-0.003(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $286.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.5¢ 15.5¢ $426.4K 2.658M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 1079686 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 1483388 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.52pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.