NEU 1.06% $18.65 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

I better get my thoughts in before we close this down and focus...

1. 742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    I better get my thoughts in before we close this down and focus on NEU.
    I agree that the super system is a good one for generating wealth for retirement. The limits on what you can contribute were too generous early on and they now seem appropriate. My concern is the $3m limit above which another 15% tax will apply, the non indexation of this limit and, more importantly, the taxing of unrealised gains. No country in the western world does this and it should be of major concern to every share market investor.
    I’ve had several times in the last 20 years where my portfolio has doubled or tripled one year then halved the following year. It’s a major issue if you get taxed on your unrealised gains then you have to pay the tax when your portfolio has halved and you are cash poor. Major problem I can assure you!
    My other issue is that the government appears to be acting like some communist state whereby everyone should be earning the same and you are are not allowed to outperform the mean. So in my case my super fund is a 100 bagger over the past 15 years. It’s not because of contributions as these have been nominal but it’s because I happen to be a good investor and have picked the right shares (I’m actually just very lucky). According to the government this is very bad and I should be punished for this by paying extra tax. Seems quite bizarre to me.
    So everyone of you out there investing today and buying shares hoping for that 100 bagger remember that you will be punished for your efforts by paying extra taxes.
    Now, having said that I think super will remain the most tax effective investment available even if you have north of $3m. And I’m sure the taxing of unrealised gains will be dropped. That’s something every investor should be watching carefully.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.65
Change
-0.200(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $2.381B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.85 $18.92 $18.35 $10.53M 566.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 45 $18.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.73 1500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$18.73
  Change
-0.200 ( 0.73 %)
Open High Low Volume
$18.89 $18.89 $18.36 91292
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.