CTP 0.00% 5.4¢ central petroleum limited

potentially 12 billion barrels of oil not 2, page-55

1. 9,188 Posts.
    "Most would agree however, that CTP's market cap rose somewhere between $13 and $21m today!

Fair to say, given the nature of the announcement...and previous UOIIP announcements from the company...that the market is now building in a premium on the potential of the areas being targeted given the near term activity expected...namely, planned drilling campaigns.

An interesting comparison may be found in NDO perhaps, who recently announced the following...

"Nido Identifies 11.6 Billion Barrels Oil-in-place Potential"...in relation to their Palawan ground.

This particular announcement saw a run on the stock commence...which is still ongoing...which to date has seen a rise in their market cap to the tune of some $290m???

Clearly they have other stuff under way also adding value (Galoc)...and of course oil continues to rise which would have impacted...but the market was happily valuing Galoc (and everything else), at close to $350m the day prior...but on the day they announced the Palwan targets statement, in effect an UOIIP (undiscovered oil in initial place) similar to that released by CTP today, of "12 Billion Barrels", their market cap rose some $150m...ON THAT DAY...and they held onto it!

Fully diluted, this would equate to some 38c added to CTP's share price!"

MMM, very well thought out T4P.

Clear, concise and LOGICAL. Very logical.

The announcement came out rather late in the day, but i suspect others, like i, and yourself, will be looking at this a lot closer over the weekend.

2bn barrels doesnt equal 25cents or a $35mn market cap.

Certianly not 2bn barrels in Australia and certainly not 14bn barrels as what has been alluded too.

I have a weekend of reading to do...

lol

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $18.72K 359.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 401812 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 779869 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.