RNE 20.0% 0.6¢ renu energy limited

More on NeilN's query re need to cool primary liquid after its...

1. 359 Posts.
    More on NeilN's query re need to cool primary liquid after its leaving the heat exchanger.
    NeilN, with the benefit of a nights sleep a really obvious further thought occured to me.
    I don't know what sort of pressure the brine is at when it comes up from the well. I think the pressures underground are quite high. (the 'overpressured' conditions in the natural underground reservoir. This has been given by GDY, probably in reports on drilling of all Habanero wells.

Anyway, I think reports on the recovery of heat from the liquid, water, brine whatever you wish to call it, that comes up from below it is always referred to as 'liquid'.
    Hence we are talking of the heat being recovered through a water/water heat exchanger at the surface.
    Their could be benefits in reducing pressure just prior to the heat exchanger to cause the liquid to flash to steam and have a steam/water heat exchange which 'could' be more efficient. I haven't seen or heard this mentioned.

Let us then assume it is kept in liquid state. This entails keeping it at a pressure at all times that is high to prevent it changing to steam. The old car radiator example where if you remove the cap while the engine is hot enough you don't just see hot water in there but get a scalding blast of steam formed.

So, if they maintain the pressure high enough in the system then it should be possible to avoid problems at the the injection pump without need for further cooling.
    Just theory. Has anyone else got a take on this?

geojac

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.357M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.4¢ $4.406K 856.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 5274884 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 6058246 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.