y know its useless to do comparisons.... just look at what we...

1. 47,582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    y know its useless to do comparisons.... just look at what we are doing as we sit here and see what our grandparents, parents and we built and the next gens all did their bit too to create this magical internet.

just like now we had homelessness and hunger. no contraception meant many families were over 6 kids, some over 12 rugrats eating everything in sight and jobs paying shit money. and the work was less mentally demanding for most, but bloody hard. I worked a few years in industries and found how hard work built our nation, I I realised I had it easy compared to those before me.

interest rates were utter crap so saving was a few bob a week into the kitty till you had enough to make a deposit at the bank. save every week for ten years and the bank manager will look kindly on you and might agree to loan you for a house.

the market was pretty flat as many new homes were being built for commission homes... big suburbs of housing comm builds in every city and major town, and those who had wealthy parents could have their parents record as guarantor for a mortgage so private building was full steam too. and people used to want to live in one house for their whole lives back then, so the houses that would come on the market were not the most desirable. so renovating became a thing for those that could, but those that couldn't lived in shacks, cold and windy in winter with only a small bar heater, or hot and stinking in summer - no insulation.

do you see anyone living like that today>?

now get back to work and cut the whining bluey....back in the day I coulda sacked you on the spot and not even reported your paye tax to the ATO - I'd keep it fer my trouble of sacking you.

stop snivelling boy now go and wash yer face.
    Last edited by Scott th Ratbag: 03/07/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.