FMG 0.17% $17.23 fortescue ltd

POWER!!!! Fortescue Future Industries, page-1712

1. 132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    I think it is inevitable that the car manufacturers will have to play a part in solving this battery replacement issue, that and they will have to be a part of solving residential charging, it will be the only things holding back widespread adoption,thats after all the rich people get there EVs (thats the people that can afford to upgrade cars every couple of years, and can afford to fitout there house and holiday house with chargers)

As I said in 5+ years time there is no way a battery replacment will cost $15k, its too much of a hurdle for everyday folks and will hinder resale and adoption, every technology becomes cheaper at scale, and we are just at the beginning of this stuff. As you 2 mention technology will become greater, so why wouldnt it in this aspect of EV's also? Recycling or refurbishment will become a huge business, Thats why i firmly believe this issue that everybody speaks of now and that all the critics jump on, will solve itself in time naturally.

Another thing to keep in mind is with EV's there is no major or minor services each year, that is a huge value saving that everybody keeps forgetting, there is no old oils to dispose of, parts do not wear out like an ICE and cost money to replace, which over 10 years would at a guess be at least 5k in saving alone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.23
Change
-0.030(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $52.95B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.30 $17.30 $17.13 $29.20M 1.693M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 15194 $17.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.24 2540 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.06am 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.