FMG 2.63% $21.82 fortescue ltd

A few years ago there was an academic paper about climate change...

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    A few years ago there was an academic paper about climate change denial, and the authors came up with the concept of "Industrial/Breadwinner Masculinity". White men reject the science because burning coal just seems more manly.

Iron ore is very manly, I'm almost choking on the testosterone fumes just thinking about FMG.

Then I saw some memes by climate deniers on a facebook page about EVs. One of them had a picture of a man wearing bra and panties, saying it would go nicely with his Tesla. Well of course big gas guzzling US-style pickups are more manly, but it never occurred to me that sporty high-tech EVs would be considered feminine. But it's s funny old world, and it fits with the academic thesis.

Then I read some debate about whether hydrogen is the best bet for low emissions energy, as opposed to wind, solar, batteries etc., and it occurred to me that hydrogen is actually pretty manly. Which is not so say that it's not going to provide some awesome future energy solutions, but it could be a factor to consider when you assess its emotional appeal and the positions taken by various captains of industry. Let's hope they are thinking clearly about viability and timeframes and costs, and are not swayed by all that explosive manly hydrogen blowing through the locker board room.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.82
Change
-0.590(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $67.18B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.18 $22.19 $21.80 $110.2M 5.031M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 11208 $21.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.82 8653 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.