FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

I think what's emerging is that there is no longer something...

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    I think what's emerging is that there is no longer something that can be called a "solution". Accepting reality is probably the best I would hope for, and the reality is that the energy transition as it is being implemented will in all probability make little difference. In order to reduce the severity of the climate disaster, far greater changes to the way we live need to be implemented. Not burning fossil fuels would be a great idea. But accept reality - emissions are still increasing, we no longer have a carbon budget for an energy transition.

The thing to do is to switch to energy abolition instead of an energy transition. It's not happening, so we'd better face the consequences.

The thing to do, in place of a vainly hoping for a solution, is to increase the focus on adaptation rather than mitigation. Collective adaptation (i.e. government action) is inadequate, so think about your personal situation. Imagine the worst possible outcome of climate change in 5, 10, 20 years from now. Get ready for it. If you have children, extend the timeline by a couple of decades and imagine it being much worse, and plan for their existence.

Hope that I'm wrong, but don't be deluded about the probabilities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.