FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

Lots of it looks like the sort of PR strategy Australian...

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    Lots of it looks like the sort of PR strategy Australian governments excel at. Always have an anouncement, and if you don't have a new announcement, change the logo of one of your old ones and announce it again. I note the hastily assembled website for the Krk announcement includes stock photos of a solar power plant in Israel and, for some reason, a beach in Malaysia.

I'm not excited because the proposed projects have to come to fruition. Ursula von der Leyen echoes the mantra of EU economic theory, that inefficient wasteful governments can't be trusted to do this stuff, so instead they throw money at the private sector and wait for the magic to happen. I expect three outcomes: some of the money will be spent on projects which fail; some of the money will go to parasitic enterprises which do not actually produce anything (consultancies, marketing etc.); and some of the money will go to successful projects. One out of three ain't good. And the timelines for success will be much longer than everyone says they are. Government inefficiency and waste hasn't been abolished, it's been privatised!

Meanwhile, the actual reason the energy transition exists, the climate crisis, will keep getting worse. It's a race to see who wins, the disaster or the transition, and the most sober assessments show the disaster is increasing its lead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.