FMG 0.45% $22.10 fortescue ltd

@TonyIndoIn response to your question: What outdated data and...

1. 361 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    @TonyIndo

In response to your question:
    What outdated data and observations?

One example would be temperature records from before 2023. Also projections made at the time of the Paris agreement, and the calculations for keeping warming below 1.5, or even 2 degrees.

What is now emerging is that the 1.5 degree goal of the Paris accords will fail before 2030. But when you listen to emission reduction plans of most nations, they include measures to be rolled out by 2050, as part of a plan to limit warming to 1.5. Much gate-shutting, long after horse-bolting.

This is a hard pill to swallow for scientists, governments, companies and the IPCC, which have been working on this for a long time. The science predicting a failure of the energy transition comes from outside the tent. Or perhaps it is in the tent, but it gets left at the campsite when everyone goes home. They only keep the happy happy news that everything will be OK. This became blatantly obvious at the last COP, led by the fossil fuel industry to an unacceptably large extent.

Of course I am just some guy on the internet, and I'm not as rigorous in citing my references as others. But FWIW I am influenced by people like James Hansen, and also reports like Absolute Zero, led by Cambridge University, which argues that hydrogen won't have a meaningful effect on emissions until after 2050, and then it will be too late.

https://www.repository.cam.ac.uk/handle/1810/299414

See also the showdown between two big guns of climate science, Mann vs Hansen.

https://theconversation.com/the-disagreement-between-two-climate-scientists-that-will-decide-our-future-217759
    Last edited by KerrAvon: 05/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.10
Change
0.100(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $68.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.99 $22.22 $21.87 $84.79M 3.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9803 $22.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.11 10620 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.