FMG 0.87% $21.71 fortescue ltd

POWER!!!! Fortescue Future Industries, page-3755

1. 3,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 917
    @Nolan78
    From the other thread
    "I see the stock at $40 plus in the next few years. They'll be making green steel by then and exporting that to who ever wants it.
    Then there is the green hydrogen projects they have which might be used in air plane fuel but I don't think we'll see green hydrogen cars any time soon as EV's are advancing with longer ranges and people don't want to be paying for any fuel. They'll use their solar panels to freely charge their cars which is where its al going now.

FFI did make one green hydrogen large iron ore truck and now they've gone for the EV iron ore large trucks so
    maybe they've seen the light. Not to many have green hydrogen available to fill up their trucks or cars where
    batteries in large trucks and in car is where its al heading."

2021: Prototype haul truck within 100 days...
    2023: EV 240 tonne named "Roadrunner" with superfast charging, which is in production now
    2024: Hydrogen truck..."Europa" moving to production soon...
    Europa is a T 264 Liebherr haul truck and contains a 1.6MWh battery (developed in-house by Fortescue WAE) and 500 kilowatts of fuel cells. The prototype can store over 380 kilograms of liquid hydrogen.

I think its clear that proper studies will be done to see which option is more cost efficient. Roadrunner Vs Europa.

In my opinion we will have healthy mix of Hydogen cars & Battery cars in the future. Hydrogen cars are 10 years away from being mainstream, first refuelling stations will be made for long haul B doubles, then other heavy trucking routes, then medium trucks, cars will be last.......

A lot of people just park their cars on the road, driveways, shared apartment blocks where battery charging is a pain....... not to mention off-peak power prices are likely to skyrocket when coal closes down, so those who drive to work will be paying a lot. Once hydrogen is cheaper the charging, you will find people starting to migrate to H2 cars. circa 15 years IMO cool.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.71
Change
-0.190(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $66.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.77 $21.80 $21.34 $408.6M 18.51M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 289875 $21.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.72 95078 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.