FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

Thanks, Tony, for that thought stimulating cavalcade of...

1. 182 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Thanks, Tony, for that thought stimulating cavalcade of question-provokinng ideas.

Mate, In reference to the ticked off Roadrunner ev haul trucks,it crossed my mind that your "multi millions" revenue estimate to be excessively modest.I tried and failed to find the cost of the trucks. My memory and thinking is the cost would be significant, and so therefore would the resultant potential revenue and profit. I don't know if there's published information on these 3 figures. The other question is I wonder how fast Leibherr/Fortescue could ramp up production of these potentially in demand, lucrative, essential for carbon reduction vehicles? Quite quickly I suspect if it simply transforms its existing ICE vehicles production lines to ev trucks.

Another possibly unanswerable question is...in what year does $6.4 billion dollar transition capex become revenue positive? I guess there's an ever increasing set of parameters to feed into the equation.... diesel cost savings of, from memory, circa $700 million per year, Fortescue Zero's products revenues, revenues from the aforementioned ev truckssales, green electrons to Europe, green hydrogen supply, massive fuel savings from converting our IO ship fleet to hydrogen etc, etc...Phew!....too much for my poor little brain!

One last question is how much potential is there for massive IO and equipment exports to the now most populous and rapidly evolving and growing country on the planet, India? I've read that in the not too distant future, India will move from net IO exporter to net IO importer. It seems to me India could become our most important export destination,as China plateaus, especially given our close cultural ties.... Cricket!....our burgeoning Indian diaspora in Australia....our countries recent mutual security upgrades....Hopefully this Indian transition will also lift the large swathes of the population currently living in poverty to higher living standards.

So many questions! I guess patience is required as the answers are gradually revealed over the next decade, the critical decade, exciting times!

Thanks again Tony for booting my brain into gear on this Monday morning. Goodonya mate!, Wes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.