FMG 0.45% $22.10 fortescue ltd

POWER!!!! Fortescue Future Industries, page-3921

1. 10,943 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1262
    Here it is Wes (see below) thanks mate. I did watch this one, I can't believe I overlooked this????

3MW will charge a battery electric haul trucks in 18 mins.

6 MW fast charger in development.

AND...The Fortescue Zero team are talking about battery charger that will charge in seconds, which they've adopted out of Formula E.

My thoughts?

The Electric Heavy Haul Trucks are going to save miners major dollars.

1. They'll replace of diesel with cheap electricity.

2. Look at what this article highlights...“A single 150-tonne haul truck can save over $5.5 million in energy costs alone,”. The T 264 is able to carry a payload of 240 tonnes and weighs in at 176 tonnes. AND we're talking about an entire fleet with Fortescue ie 350 trucks! So how much do you think that's going to save!

3. The Fortescue trucks have a 1.4MWh battery system. Fortescue have the charging time and battery size down pat.

4. Even with battery replacements costs per year, the savings from the amounts spent on diesel will far outweigh the costs of the battery replacements.

5. The report highlights that the savings that will come from each electrified truck will amount to US$2.5m with breakeven on the added Capex in under three years.

6. Cost of batteries will drop in due time as scale starts ramps up.

7. I also believe that Fortescue are working on bigger battery sizes for the trucks as highlighted by the CEO in my previous post as well as the truck haul duty cycles they need to perform.

8. And finally, Fortescue have cut the time to recharge the batteries down to 30 minutes (with 18 minutes charge time in development still as well as what they are working on ie to charge of batteries in seconds!).

9. The Autonomous Haul Truck solutions plus the Fleet Management Solution is going to turn the industry on its head.

Don't believe me. That's ok.

Just watch this space folks.

Tony

Reference:

https://www.mining.com/e-haul-trucks-could-result-in-major-savings-for-miners-but-adoption-is-slow-report/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.