FMG 3.19% $22.62 fortescue ltd

So does your reply to me still hold if the following...

1. 794 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    So does your reply to me still hold if the following happens..........Strange response really.....not hard to have it all figured out or maybe not G1... Hence my original concern.......now seemingly and increasingly potentially justified based on the following excerpt from @convexity post....!

Interesting AFR article today titled "Why Twiggy may need to separate Fortescue from his hydrogen express" which can be found via google.

The article talks about FFI potentially needing its own listing, but aside from that:
    • "Fortescue stubbornly trades on an iron ore miner’s forward price-earnings ratio, a shade over six."
    • "But FFI is more like a clean-energy start-up – a sector where the market’s voracious appetite has pushed PE ratios up to anything from 15 to 62".

Obviously, the earnings for FFI are unknown so it's impossible to apply any PE, but certainly, it starts to look dubious for FMG to keep trading at a forward PE of 6 when a component for FMG is valued at such high forward PE multiples.

May explain the share price strength of late.

Hmmm, right?

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.62
Change
0.700(3.19%)
Mkt cap ! $69.64B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.38 $22.75 $22.26 $131.3M 5.814M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 120 $22.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.63 6416 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.