FMG 0.65% $18.56 fortescue ltd

Thanks again, Mr KB Lager, for the well thought out...

1. 464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    Thanks again, Mr KB Lager, for the well thought out explanation.Again I understand some of the principles you presented, whilst being baffled by others.

Call me a dumb slow learner if you like (many have! ), I do understand your assertion re scope 3 emissions. However, correct me if I'm wrong, it's my understanding that part of the Fortescue decarbonisation strategy is to produce green steel, and then export the green steel to China, which is also striving to reduce carbon emissions, and to Europe where we would receive preferred status reduced tariffs, making us more competitive. Therefore as far as Fortescue is concerned, there will be zero scope 3 emissions, whilst also boosting the Fortescue bottom line significantly. Do you agree with this analysis?

The other idea you suggested that baffled my pathetic little brain was..."...the emissions caused by the new fleet will continue to make the problem worse. " My understanding is that the ev trucks etc will be powered by 100% renewable energy sourced from the nearby massive solar and wind farms. To my brain carbon emissions have been removed from a process. Have I got that right?

One last issue which raised that totally baffled me was your suggestion..."Everyone is trying to evade reality..." Mate, I respectively beg to differ. Twiggy and Team Fortescue aren't tripped out hippies living in some kinda dreamland. They are hard-nosed realists working their guts out to reduce carbon emissions.

Please feel welcome to lambast any of my misunderstandings!wes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.56
Change
0.120(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $57.14B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.34 $18.68 $18.30 $218.7M 11.78M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 57703 $18.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.60 4301 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.