FMG 1.56% $18.97 fortescue ltd

Houston, we have a problem.Iron ore prices have flat lined and...

1. 49 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Houston, we have a problem.

Iron ore prices have flat lined and energy prices increased causing a big headache for Mr Forrest.

I get it, hydrogen is the future out of the fossil fuel world that has existed for far too long but here lies the problem :

As per the https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-21/green-hydrogen-forrest-fortescue/104120492.

Batteries have roughly 70% of the original energy produced at the source useful, petrol is roughly 20 % efficiency and hydrogen between 25-30%.

Australia is in the box seat worldwide to produce green hydrogen (sun and wind) though the extraction process is costly.

Green Hydrogen needs a cash cow to support the build and future hence why a separate business isn't viable.

FMG ESG have dropped causing some big headaches for fund managers (The Capital Group).

Fortescue has been my darling of dividends though the recent SP slide is worrying to say the least........hopefully China fixes its economy mess which seems like the only solution out of the current hole.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.