FMG 1.35% $18.24 fortescue ltd

Hey Tony, Sorry, mate, about the slight delay in responding to...

1. 367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Hey Tony,

Sorry, mate, about the slight delay in responding to this one.

I heartily endorse your comments re the mutual benefits for a Fortescue/China collaboration in producing green steel. However, I would love to know if Fortescue has any aspirations to produce green steel in Australia, especially in exports to Europe which is giving preferential tariff treatment to decarbonised products.

How much longer is Australia and companies like Fortescue going to maintain the self-percepion of aspiring to be nothing more than a giant quarry for the world? Australia is increasingly vulnerable in an increasingly volatile world.

It also appears to me to be potentially financially beneficial to have green mining, green IO production and green steel production all utilising green electrons from the same solar and wind farm infrastructure we are investing in, in order to reduce duplication costs. It would also reduce transportation costs. It seems inefficient to my simpleton brain to ship the vast majority of our IO overseas instead of utilising the benefits of vertical integration here.The more value-adding Fortescue can achieve the better.

I hasten to add I am not advocating an either/or scenario.... just exploring both options. Please feel welcome to rubbish any of my suggestions!

I very much look forward to catching up with the veritable feast of information you've kindly provided for us. One of the many pearl's of wisdom my Kung fu master offered us was ....."Sometimes one must come down off the mountain, in order to see the mountain". Mate, I've done just that for the duration of the Olympics, and now my brain is refreshed and hungry....ready, willing and able to rejoin the mighty Power!! page! Wes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.24
Change
-0.250(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $56.16B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.46 $18.61 $18.22 $90.00M 4.896M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7055 $18.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.28 27809 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.