FMG 4.63% $17.32 fortescue ltd

Thanks for your thoughts, Mr T.The assumptions you have...

1. 372 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Thanks for your thoughts, Mr T.

The assumptions you have predicated your theory that China would be grossly offended if Fortescue was producing gs in Oz have eluded me. Any gs production would be minuscule compared to what China would be producing. Have you actually seen any evidence of either contractual agreement or any assumption of exclusivity for China? I haven't. I hope there isn't any.

I fail to see why Dino's hard yakka to develop Fortescue's teaming up with China and the possibility of vertical integration of gs production lines in Australia should be mutually exclusive. The China partnership may well be involved in Australia. Why not? The abundance of IO, the abundance of renewable energy sources in Oz make a compelling case for VI of GS production in Australia. Australia via teams such as Fortescue must evolve from forever being just a quarry to becoming an innovative value-adding innovator

The other concern I have is every military expert source I have seen is saying that the flashpoints in the South China Sea and Taiwan are almost certainly going to end up in a shooting war, something I sincerely hope does not occur, however that is reality at present. If that were to eventuate, Fortescue would become extremely exposed and vulnerable if we had all our gs eggs in one basket.

This may sound like I'm catastrophising, I think it's just living in the real world. As I've mentioned previously geopolitical factors for me are essential parameters in project assessment equations.

Anyway,Tony, we could probably debate this one all of the day and all of the night, I propose we agree to disagree and move on......there are so many exciting Fortescue developments emerging all over the globe! Wes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.32
Change
-0.840(4.63%)
Mkt cap ! $53.32B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.22 $18.27 $17.26 $202.6M 11.43M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4600 $17.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.33 396 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.