FMG 1.47% $17.26 fortescue ltd

POWER!!!! Fortescue Future Industries, page-4420

1. 412 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    Dearest Madam,

Settle down petal, my response to your last missive was delivered with tongue firmly planted in my cheek.Not for one millisecond did I suspect one iota of that exercise in absurdism would be interpreted literally. I'm deeply shocked by your po-faced response madam. I'm such a moron!

You were kindly giving me kindergarten entry level instructions about shock, horror, iron ore prices are volatile... iron ore prices go up, iron ore prices go down, who'd have guessed? Your next brilliant revelation informed the group, shock, horror that IO prices impact SPs, gosh! Whod have thunk it? Then you amazed us all by informing the group that IO prices impact dividends. Wow! Genius stuff. That's why I struggled to take you seriously.

This was all in response to my highlighting the fact Fortescue's current (i.e.the most recent 12 months, NOT, future projections) dividends were more than double comparable companies,as exemplified by BHP's dividends. I also highlighted the fact that BHP's P/E ratio was a whopping 3Xs higher than mighty Fortescue's.i.e. BHP currently 3Xs as expensive as Fortescue. You see, madam, I find relativities far more fascinating than absolutes.( and yes,madam I am aware BHP is a more diversified miner, but Fortescue's diversification into industries of the present and the future is accelerating faster a Williams Formula 1 ev racing car!)

As for your quoting institutional financial projections, I feel nothing but utter contempt for them. They are nothing but useless exercises in arrogant hubris, exercises of futility.The "experts" are nothing more than glorified tea leaf readers. How many of them predicted the pandemic? How many predicted the Russian invasion of The Ukraine? How many predicted Hamas's brutalising concert goers, and consequent revenge atrocities? How much more misery will climate change inflict in the coming decade? How much green steel will India's rapid transformational growth require? All these factors are powerful parameters essential in any meaningful future projections equations. All the "experts' " projections have been rendered useless, irrelevant by the events I've mentioned. What does the future hold? File projections under BS!

The main reason I find our conversations, just being brutally honest for a moment, madam, excruciatingly boring is our investment styles are oceans apart, you being at the extreme end of the analytical spectrum, me, at the polar extremity of instinctive investing.I also find your didactic information presentation style indigestible.

You, madam, are 100% correct to subscribe to the investment style which works best for you, ditto me. My extreme style has served me well, providing a more than comfortable existence for a couple of decades, and I hope you enjoy success with your investing. I'll strive not to be quite so sarcastic and cynical, but it will be a challenge!

Hosta la vista, madam, wes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.26
Change
0.250(1.47%)
Mkt cap ! $53.14B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.22 $17.37 $17.10 $105.8M 6.139M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $17.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.27 19878 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.