FMG 1.98% $15.88 fortescue ltd

POWER!!!! Fortescue Future Industries, page-4624

1. 132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I have to admit that it's kinda weird seeing an Aussie minerals company leading the charge on new energy. On new anything really, We're not big on R&D out here.

Ideally, it would be our energy companies that are doing the leading edge stuff but look at 'em. Their idea of revolutionising the industry stops somewhere east of a slightly larger share buyback than usual. Adjusting the amortisation schedules on their coal fire plants or something.

There are probably plenty of startups that would like to tackle the issue but can't due to barriers to entry. The larger companies don't have the agility to be innovative, let alone the vision. Looks like FMG is the only one with the courage and the clout to break ground in this field.

Back when all the naysayers were getting stuck into Rudd and Gillard about the carbon price and setting up investment funds for renewable tech I said: it doesn't matter what you think about climate change. It doesn't even matter if climate change is real or not. There is an industry about to explode here and we are beautifully placed to cash in on it. Of course, that message didn't make it into the mainstream conscious and so we let the "Party of Business" let a multi-trillion dollar industry sail off into the sunset.

History is rhyming right now. FMG is trying to capitalise on it while all the Darrens are standing around saying that it will never work, even though it has proven that it can. This isn't a science problem now. It is an engineering one. I'll invest in that

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.88
Change
-0.320(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $48.89B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.40 $16.41 $15.88 $188.3M 11.70M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 15657 $15.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.89 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.