FMG 1.86% $19.54 fortescue ltd

POWER!!!! Fortescue Future Industries, page-4680

1. 11,377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1471
    Hi @Skidlid,

No problem at all.

Yes, I was referring to their Elysia Software as a Service product.

With regards to the Elysia solution I think it's going to play a BIG role across many sub-segments both within Fortescue's mining in-house plans as well as outside target markets.

Elysia not only has the potential to bring in sales to its own stand-alone business, but could also act to funnel potential partners into its parent company.

For transparancy it can be broken down into its target market segments:

* Automotive
    * Motorsport
    * Stationary Storage
    * Micromobility
    * Consumer Electronics
    * Commercial Vehicles
    etc...

Because it's such a young company, I am of the view, that once we get a better understanding of what their annual recurring revenue (ARR) might be for each client they onboard such as JLR, that's going to change things up in a very positive way.

Let's take the big JLR deal as our example.

* We know that it's a "multi year" deal partnership. Is that 2, 3, 5 or 10 years? The number of years that ONE partnership alone is going to change the financial metrics immensely.

* A multi-year deal is certainly better than a "one off" sale.

* It has the potential to improve the financial metrics dramatically.

* I very much like this simplified model as it can provide insight and understanding into the company's growth, if they need to invest more into the company as market penetration expands etc.

*What this also provides investors is a "future view" of what revenue potential might look like.

Now whilst I did say I like to keep things "simple", calculating ARR is anythng but. clear.png Other important metrics will come into play, such as what the author highlighted in the article below.

https://www.mosaic.tech/financial-metrics/annual-recurring-revenue-arr

Regarding their R&D team, I think that's mainly for their Kidlington and Banbury facilities.

Hope this helps.

Tony

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.