FMG 2.92% $19.40 fortescue ltd

Thanks very much Mr Lid for your well considered response. A...

1. 582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Thanks very much Mr Lid for your well considered response. A coupla of quick disclosures before I reply ....I've been a blue-collar worker all my life, albeit with, from the age of 14, an enduring fascination with the greatest, multifactorial, rewarding game of all...investing. Investing also allows for our involvement with change-merchants like Fortescue.

As for your query re my involvement with tech business, it would be safest to assume I'm pig-ignorant (and I do apologise to any pigs out there!..... mate, I just couldn't help meself!)

The pivotal paragraph in your propositions contained the literal, or rhetorical(?) question...."However, once done, what do you do with it then?"

Mate, contained within that question are a number of assumptions, with which I humbly disagree:
    1.the tech will reach an endpoint where it can no longer evolve, and you know for sure you have reached it.
    2.that we are incapable of being able to market Elysia in a highly rewarding fashion ourselves, especially given you have conceded "Twiggy is also a brilliant salesman". With the ongoing electrification I reckon there's gunna be literally millions of battery applications businesses crying out for performance-enhancing technology.
    3. That Fortescue is not now a diversified, including being not just a tech developing, but also tech marketing business. The greatest vulnerability of old Fortescue was our total dependence on IO prices, in other words we were a one trick pony. For me, the greatest antidote to the increasingly unstable geopolitical world we inhabit is diversification.

Yes sir, I wanna hang onto and further develop valuable assets such as Elysia. What's that old saying?....."I am firm, you are obstinate, he is pig-headed"

Anyway, at this point, I rest my case your honour, and wish you happy, rewarding investing, Wes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.