FMG 3.61% $20.10 fortescue ltd

POWER!!!! Fortescue Future Industries, page-4772

1. 601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Minval, having been a humble outdoor blue collar worker all my life, please excuse my ignorance. The point I'm submitting to the conversation is very much a question, not an argument.

It seems to me that the majority of the savings offset parameters you mentioned are irrelevant because most of them are also equally applicable to current old-time equipment.....i.e. depreciation, maintenance, utilisation rates, productivity rates. In fact some of the factors just mentioned will actually produce cost savings

Please let me explain....Have you ever checked out under the bonnet of a Tesla? Mate there's bugger all there Electric engines are so freakin simple compared to ICE engines. So much less to go wrong in addition massive carbon emissions reduction. I replaced equipment like ICE chainsaws with Battery chainsaws. Mate, they were so superior and cost and maintenance time reducing, and that can be extrapolated to heavy machinery.

Also your productivity concerns have already been proven to be not only irrelevant but factually incorrect. I say that because for sometime now Fortescue has been conducting trials of the ev Roadrunner trucks on the mining site. One of the emphasised major findings has been the superior productivity performance of the Roadrunner over the hopefully soon to be rendered obsolete old school ICE trucks.

My conclusion is that as Nuto postulated, costs will significantly reduce by our transition.

Does any of that make sense Mv? Please feel welcome to shoot down my observations if you detect mistakes in my thinking. Your experience and knowledge is valuable in this discussion.

Thankyou, Wes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.