FMG 3.61% $20.10 fortescue ltd

Quite obviously, the hydrogen/ammonia game will be won by the...

1. 278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    Quite obviously, the hydrogen/ammonia game will be won by the company having the patent rights to the most efficient electrolyser. From what I have been able to ascertain, electrolysers that are currently being made and sold are only 75% efficient and produce hydrogen at $5+ per kg.
    Wollongong University has developed new technology that is said to increase efficiency to 98%, enabling hydrogen to be produced at less than $2 per kg.
    The technology now resides with a start-up company named Hysata, which has been recently funded by the highly succesful UK venture capitalist IP Group. It is not known whether Hysata intends to manufacture and sell electrolysers or licence the technology to others to manufacture.
    FFI has developed its own electrolyser, which to the best of my knowledge, its specifications have not been publicly disclosed.
    What concerns me is that FFI have made large capital commitments to manufacture its electrolysers at Gladstone without disclosing a feasibility study to FMG shareholders. It would appear that unless the FFI electrolyser is as efficient as the Hysata electrolyser, a lot of money might have been wasted.
    My confidence in AF is somewhat abated by the appointment of turncoat Turnbull to steer the ship.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.