KAR 2.65% $1.47 karoon energy ltd

power of cash, page-92

1. 12,825 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 581
    I would be interested to hear what you would have expected management to do differently, seeing you are so wise, Pear.
    Given that you admit BHP and Santos did not see it coming. I didn't see an oil price war coming, no-one i know or am involved with saw it coming. Even if you could see it coming what would you do or more importantly, what would you expect kar to do differently.?? Buy an existing producer like furburger suggested and watch the price halve in a matter of weeks.??
    Selling Poseidon has proven to be a godsend and has provided us with cash to weather yet another storm. Anyone that cannot recognise that has rocks in their head.
    Obviously it wasn't planned as a buffer against an oil price war, but it was about time Kar had a lucky break and it has proved fortuitous.

I don't know how long this price war will go on for, plenty of varying opinion there, but all kar can do is to continue to move forward, slash overheads as much as possible,prove up their assets and essentially wait for prices to move up and allow development of the resources to take place.

They have never had any other option

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.47
Change
-0.040(2.65%)
Mkt cap ! $1.179B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.52 $1.53 $1.47 $10.74M 7.225M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15772 $1.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.48 3390 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.