PYM 0.00% 0.0¢ pryme energy limited

Nice to see some active conversation on the PYM boards and not...

1. 4,018 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Nice to see some active conversation on the PYM boards and not just me posting to myself!

I have been doing a bit more digging into asset valuations for O&G companies and found this:

http://www.srr.com/assets/pdf/oil-and-gas-company-valuations-business-valuation-review.pdf

It shows that typical metrics to determine the enterprise value of an O&G project are:

2.5x to 3.0x EBITDA; or
    10x – 12x proved reserves; or
    45,000x – 60,000x daily production.

Seems too premature to use the EBITDA multiple until we have a full year of earnings with our existing wells, whilst we cannot apply the proved reserves metric until we get the reserves report in the half-yearly report.

If we apply the daily production metric to current net production (25 boe Four Rivers, 100 boe Capitola), this implies an EV of $5.5m to $8.1m, or 1.3c to 1.6c per share (including $6m cash).

If we can double existing Capitola production from the next two wells (to 200 boe), this implies an EV of $10.1M to $14.6M or 1.7c to 2.2c per share ($1m less cash for drilling Fox).

I asked the question a few days back about the potential SP impact from having a proved reserves report – ie. whether we become a more attractive investment after quantifying our reserves.  

My research suggests that this will be the case, in much the same way that other resource companies become more attractive/certain after publishing a JORC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.