XJO 0.80% 7,733.7 s&p/asx 200

powerful cycle high ignore at own peril, page-3

1. 11,653 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 538
    re: powerful market manipulation Sandune, Some of us are of the opinion that things do not work anymore like they used to. The market is no longer about who is right and who is wrong or even believing in bears and bulls. Its only about figuring out what works and what doesn't work and buying and selling for profit. I can't imagine charts or cycles or TA working very well in a manipulated market. But if you find it does work very well for you then please let us all know.

I'm back to believing in nothing and analysing everything on fundamentals. Right now I am wondering just how long the Chinese can keep the stockpiles proped up by selling copper to the LME (see below). Particularly when everyone knows what they are up to. It could be that the instos are just shaking out any loose positions and then picking them up. Cant explain the yo-yo behaviour any other way. But if you or anyone has reason to believe a crash is imminent well lets debate it and see if it stands up to reason. Me thinks the media is just a conduit for bs. But this interview may be telling more of the truth as it stands:

http://www.abc.net.au/insidebusiness/content/2006/s1792105.htm

"The Chinese are in fact pulling copper out of their own stockpiles and moving it into LME. So the idea that demand is coming off is in fact probably a false view."

"There was about 2.2 days of copper sitting on the London Metal Exchange only about a month ago. Today it sits at about 3.3 days. Now, historically, it trades at around 11 days' supply, so it's still a very tight market. It's just that percentage wise we've seen what seems like a large rise, a 30 to 40 per cent increase in the last month, but that's off a very low base. "

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.