PPK 4.17% 46.0¢ ppk group limited

@Wes1978Lol, it's not that complicated. I am an almost...

1. YLJ
    819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    @Wes1978

Lol, it's not that complicated. I am an almost completely technical trader (my full-time occupation),
    but I can identify with your feelings as often enough when I read complicated FA (especially in the mining
    exploration industry) I feel the same way.
    I am always interested in expanding my knowledge base and would be more than happy to hear about the tech
    if you would care to share (I did peek around at some recent announcements so I am not completely clueless).
    Feel free to tag me or post some links to some of your analyses. I would be happy to take a look.

On the general topic of charting and TA, I recently posted the following [link] which I think all fundamental
    investors need to understand when misbehaving looking at chart analysis:

"One last point before I say any more... and I don't think I will ever get tired of emphasizing it, is that any
    "chartist" who claims a prediction of what will certainly happen is full of ****, as there always remains a degree
    of uncertainty (both on the micro and macro levels) and even the best setups will fail often enough. It is the
    probabilities and definable risk/reward metrics that are gained by proper charting. Some of the best chartists
    in the world have win rates of around 50% (though with favorable risk-reward ratios this can be extremely profitable).
    That means they are wrong half the time. It never ceases to astonish me how many "chartists" on HC neglect to
    mention the failure points (or stop-losses) together with their "predictions". Especially when it comes to more
    fundamentally oriented investors, charting is often used as more of a confirmation bias. That is fine as long as
    they are aware of that. I highly doubt Warren Buffet ever pulled up a chart in his life and started drawing trend lines.
    It is much easier to be one or the other, combining the two creates certain challenges (and sometimes conflicts)
    & one must have a method for resolving them..."

Someone recently shared the following, which makes my point:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3121/3121662-c3f0062607c2ecb94ba9b9e2958e5b2a.jpg

All the best
    Last edited by YLJ: 25/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.