PPK 23.3% 53.0¢ ppk group limited

The following sentence from the Abstract seems critical to me:...

1. 394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    The following sentence from the Abstract seems critical to me: "To the best of our knowledge, assisted by ball milling, BN [Boron Nitride] nanosheets have achieved the highest uptake capacities for alkyne/olefin gases, which are superior to all other materials reported so far."

I stand to be corrected, but the way I read this is the process was undertaken using boron nitride powders, and then the exact same process was used using boron nitride nanosheets, with the latter producing the best results "to all other materials reported so far."

If the process only involved the powders, it seems this would not impact upon PPK. However, because the optimal process uses nanosheets, this would appear to involve PPK via its subsidiary White Graphene Limited. As taken from a White Graphene presentation: "White Graphene is a name given to Boron Nitride Nanosheets (BNNS)."

Now - my understanding as outlined above may be incorrect. But, if my interpretation is correct, then PPK, although not owning the underlying technology (which apparently belongs to Deakin), would be a direct beneficiary through its patents over BN nanosheets (white graphene). Indeed, because PPK is involved in pioneering this product, it would be instrumental in developing the technology through its understanding of the manufacture and properties of white graphene. This could even bring it a seat at the table if a new company were to be developed from the technology.

Of course, this technology is in its infancy and because of that will not have an immediate commercial benefit. But, I see it as being potentially significant because it (1) demonstrates via another route the potential importance of PPK's technology, and (2) it could open up to PPK/White Graphene a role in the incipient hydrogen fuel industry. If a process that presently accounts for 15% of global energy consumption could achieve large cost reductions / energy savings, the economic potential of the technology is enormous.

To reiterate, my above comments are dependent upon my reading of the Abstract - as encapsulated by its very title - that BN nanosheets (white graphene) produce the best results of all materials in this process. Therefore, if this reading or interpretation is correct, I would say this is potentially a significant technological development for PPK, indeed such as to warrant an announcement or explanation from PPK if its White Graphene subsidiary were to be a beneficiary of the new technology.

Grateful for any corrections or comments on the above.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.0¢
Change
0.100(23.3%)
Mkt cap ! $47.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
73.5¢ 76.0¢ 52.5¢ $1.137M 1.891M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 42278 53.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.5¢ 1705 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
53.5¢
  Change
0.100 ( 25.9 %)
Open High Low Volume
75.0¢ 75.0¢ 53.5¢ 188072
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
PPK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.