PAA 0.00% 19.5¢ pharmaust limited

PPL-1 and results with my dog, page-115

1. 3,248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 471
    Those Greenies Pill Pockets look damn tasty @NZ Trader and compact too.
    They would have helped greatly when we tried to administer Zolvix to our Staffy who had haemangiosarcoma on the heart 18 months ago.
    I haven't shared this story yet, as it says little for the efficacy of MPL, yet it highlights the different challenges that are faced when administering drugs to sick animals:
    There was too much fluid in his chest to see tumour in prior x-rays, so the diagnosis was too late - we only had a 2 and 1/2 day window to administer the Zolvix and hope for stability to buy time for further improvement to avoid putting him down (the tumour was about to breach the heart wall and was ready to burst at any moment)
    Even if the MPL did have time to work and stabilise the tumour, the blood vessels were so irreparibly fuked by this stage, even with full remission it was likely that he could still die or continue to suffer so much that he had to be euthanaised anyway.
    It was a gamble, but you take the punt.
    The dog had already lost his appetite, so getting these capsules into him was a big challenge (pill inside balls of chicken/peanut butter/ bread) We ended up using a pen-like "pill popper" to get them passed his gums, but often the pill would stick to his toungue. Leading the dog to water afterwards to make sure they have fully swallowed their meds can often be a futile task. Will they spit it out? Vomit? Their sense of smell is just too good.
    Our dog never would have qualified for a trial, but I can now see how important the reformulation of MPL tablets has been. It is really surprising how well the first K9 trial went in 2015 considering the challenges we faced with our boy using the same capsules.
    Even with the new pills, in current and future studies I still predict some patients will drop out of the trials due to above issues, but we will see...
    A quick shout out to MM on this one, plus a few medicos way up in the ether who shared their thoughts.
    DYOR and don't consider the above as a recommendation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.