ppl not likely to get through the senate, page-22

1. 7,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    "If he gets in and it doesn't get through the Senate , this will be held against him as his first lie."
    Tinn' could you run that one by me again. I'm confused about how WILL the coalition getting the promised PPL legislation passed in Tony's lower house only to have it blocked in the senate by Labor/Greens/Indies, maybe even after amendments to appease some senators like say Xenophon, WILL be seen by you as a lie or a promise broken?
    Crikey that is a warped view on commitment but I suppose you thought Paul Keating never told a lie when he said before the election we were guaranteed to receive his promised income tax cuts because they were LAW, law [which they were since he had legislated them and they were due to kick in in a few months on July1st] but woe betide, immediately after the election he blatantly put forward legislation to repeal that LAW law which was straight away passed in both houses and so we never ever got the tax cuts.
    Yeah I s'pose you're right Tinn', Keating was a lot more honest, no lies, broken promises, conman's tricks or deceit there lol!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.