99L 0.00% 1.0¢ 99 loyalty limited.

this bit is from /www.stockgumshoe.com- I also have doubt how...

1. 740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    this bit is from /www.stockgumshoe.com- I also have doubt how NNW will grab the % of market of what they think they can "
    ......“Today, China’s mcommerce industry weighs in at a hefty $24.25 trillion.
    “Most of that wealth is owned by just two digital commerce giants Tencent and Alibaba.
    “Tencent (owner of Tenpay) commands 37% market share. While Alibaba (owner of Alipay) controls a staggering 55% market.
    “Big numbers, no doubt.
    “Still, the 8% market share up for grabs — about $1.94 trillion — is more than enough to turn the Everything App into China’s third force in mcommerce….
    “The Everything App is already a dominate player in that 8% slice. But I believe they could grow their dominance even more….
    “If the Everything App can grab another 1% of this 8% slice, that’s around $26 billion in transactions…and after a 3% commission, that’s an extra $780 million in sales.
    “With only US$19 million in sales so far that translates into a 4,000% increase in revenue…”
    OK, that leads us to some uninspiring math… how are they a “dominate” player if 1% of the market means $780 million in sales, and they currently have $19 million in sales? If 1% gets you $780 million, then $19 million means you’re getting 2/100ths of one percent of the market. That’s not “dominate” in my book… so the way I see it, either they’re not actually currently earning a 3% commission/fee on their current market position, or their revenues are trivial in comparison to the other players in the space. Or, perhaps, both.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 99L (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.