PPY 11.1% 0.8¢ papyrus australia limited

ppy a no brainer, page-3

1. 3,614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    Hi Keeting,

You ask, "what is PPY doing then to make banana fibre water proof...?", when drawing a comparison to the Aussiebum undies claimed to be also of banana sourced material.

I know nothing of the Aussiebum product you mention but feel compelled to again mention (as in earlier year's posts), natural banana fibre, whether it be the dried leaf "trash" as we call it, or the material from the trunk IS naturally water repellent, (100%). PPY don't have to treat it in any way as water simply pools on its surface, and sits there until it evaporates or falls off. So, water repelling properties not an issue, and with respect I strongly suggest the "absorbancy qualities" you refer to in the Aussiebum product hints at the addition of chemicals or some such to THAT product.

Back to the PPY veneers etc which we all would so love to come to fruition in a proven, viable and consistent manner. I can confirm experiencing fire ripping thru a dried plantation, and a very smoky fire at that. But note, the living, or recently cut trunks did not burn themselves!

I did a lot of research on Ramy's claims / intentions / goals a long time ago, and just cannot recall how the fire retardant issue was "dealt" with. Maybe they hoped to strip and press /layer it in the machines with enough of its own moisture retained and then sealed to claim a high degree of non-flammability.

For mine though, the EMPHASIS was always on the extremely strong, durable fibres together with natural water repellancy.

** Having wiped my bottom on dried banana leaf when in a remote part of the plantation Keeting, I really wouldn't get excited myself about wearing some underwear claimed to be made out of the material, but each to his / her own eh?

*** I haven't listened to the interview, only read the excerpts. I wish to go on record as saying how disappointed I am to imagine Ramy being so undisciplined as to speak that way.

If he is as confident as I am in the qualities, and cheap, ready supply of source material from many regions of the world, (and he will be) that is, and has always been justification for strong and loud enthusiasm.

**** But preventing PPY from taking this product successfully to market (IMO), is the ongoing and somewhat understandable difficulty with design and manufacture of a machine to exacting (fractions of millimetre) precision whereby this uniquely structured natural material can become veneer, flooring and packaging material.

The "no brainer" call smacks of growing frustration / desperation, and very much surprised me to hear it come from this hereto disciplined man.

Still a complete believer in the concept, having worked for so long with the material, but some years away I feel from re-entering the stock to recoup those losses.

Rgds all,

Lilac

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $3.941M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $2.022K 252.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 623617 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 236346 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.28am 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PPY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.