BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

praise for peter

1. 642 Posts.
    Today Peter Cook was kind enough to return my call.

First of all let me say that other than having goodwill towards him for taking the time to both call me and answer my questions I have no connection with Peter at all.

When he did call I said I am disappointed that his announcement did not contain the excitement that shareholders felt about the prospects for Biota royalties.

He responded that he needs to be careful with his announcements. These are my words for why I think he needs to do that and that is to not to excite speculators too much and contribute to misinformation. I feel he wants a more stable share price, steadily increasing rather than gyrating all over the place which makes more serious investors look elsewhere.

I asked him directly how the relationship was with GSK. He said ever since Andrew Witty took over at GSK they have been very good and that Andrew Witty is very supportive of the product. There were words to the effect that the first quarter sales didn't happen by accident but rather because of a concerted effort by GSK to change the mix of sales by governments in favour of Relenza.

To me this was the most positive thing I have heard.

I got the feeling he expects steady good sales over the forseeable period but obviously we are in a period of peak demand at the moment although as he was reported as saying this demad is not reflected in the Q2 sales but will be over coming quarters.

Once before I spoke with Peter Cook and I got off the phone downhearted and sold my shares. Today however I was totally the opposite. I am very confident in the future of Biota.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.