ATH 11.1% 0.4¢ alterity therapeutics limited

prana's capital raising, page-19

1. 5,872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    Hello Alois. Wasa, in only 12 weeks PBT2 demonstrated stat sig exec function fields. Two out of four. That is not a biomarker. Everyone else has only seen positive biomarker results, but only PBT2 (and Gammaguard) has seem improvements in executive function and trending to positive ADAScog in just 12 weeks.
    Affiris are hinting they have seen it in their Affitope AD02 Ph1 vaccine trial, but have kept the results secret which probably means they have only seen biomarkers also.
    If a drug appears which has a profound effect on alzheimers, then I think it will be rushed to market. Who knows what PBT2 can do in 12 months. There have been other drugs taken to market after phase 2. Gleevec went straight to market from phase 2 with a promise of completing a phase3. That was 10 years ago. I am not saying that will happen with PBT2, but we dont yet know just how good it is.

A small biotech called Pro Pharmaceuticals chose an interesting, creative route to market. They had a drug which was just a sugar from orange peel. It was very cancer specific. They used it to carry 5FU, a strong chemo whose patent had expired, to colon cancer. 5FU usually has to be discontinued due to toxicity limits. PP's sugar was combined with 5FU to make the chemo more cancer specific, called Davanat. From memory I think it attaches to galectin receptors. This kept the chemo away from healthy cells and decreased side effects, allowing stronger dosing for longer. They completed a small trial for Davanat, which demonstrated a 40% increase in survival from memory. The FDA demanded a much larger trial PP could not fund.
    That may have been the end of it, but they went to Columbia in South America. Columbia is regarded by many as the best medical in the region. They agreed to bring it to market in Columbia and now Columbia have probably the best colon cancer treatment in the world. 5FU is still one of the best treatments for colon cancer.
    Prana is probably too straight laced to do something like that, but it is a great story.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $20.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $14.55K 3.241M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
62 71906262 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 32338803 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.