AVE 16.7% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

pre announce, page-53

1. 215 Posts.
    You see diligent, smart, farmers can already produce low cell count milk with very low antibiotic use.
    Why can't the majority? The answer is that they don't know a lot of things and take short cuts and keep getting caught out.

"Is this really true? The majority of farmers are losing money by not being diligient in their antibiotic use? Why would this be, if they can see their competitor making greater margins, why wouldn't they follow best principles?"

I have difficulty grasping your vein of discussion but the point I am making is that if you have to use antibiotics then that is a failure because there is clinical mastitis with loss of production: some permanent damage to mammary tissue, time wasted treating, milking infected cows separately, throwing milk out, high cell count milk is price downgraded or even rejected.
    Many farmers have not got it all together due to different circumstances and most dairy farmers are working very hard to an extent that city people cannot understand; and in periods of stress do make mistakes, farm staff are often not very smart, money is often severly limited, time is short, particularly if there are staff injuries or sickness, power outages, floods, droughts, or bushfires etc.
    And so best practice is often not achieved.
    And farmers do not see the farm down the road as a competitor because there is a set price for a certain quality milk and they try to work together a lot and generate the greater margins as best they can. The world is not perfect.
    Farmers using lots of antibiotics are in trouble and have to rethink the whole management structure and there is one theory that a tougher, not so high producing cow is more economical for a lot of farmers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $7.923M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $386 152.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
62 91991113 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 54789746 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.