PLV 0.00% 1.2¢ pluton resources limited

pre-concentration

1. 894 Posts.
    Sorry people but this is getting me excited. If PLV were able to ship pre-concentrated iron ore offshore they have a lot more opportunity to start shipping big tonnages early. In the Intersuisse report PLV's inferred resource was 103Mt @45% Fe.

Initially the expected target of DSO is 2,000,000 tpa @ 62%Fe

If I assume a shipping cost to Asia at $20/t which is a slightly better rate than previously as I am shipping more pre-concentrated material to make up the 2Mt @ 62%Fe once it is concentrated (actually shipping 2.75Mt).

If PLV ship pre-concentrated 45%Fe, I calculate that the additional cost for shipping pre-concentrated material equates to only $7.6/t cost on the final 2Mt of 62%Fe product.

Yes it is $15M per year but PLV can mine the lot without concern. PLV can optimise their mining from day one and access the easier mineable areas (which could save a bundle in pre-stripping costs) as well as targeting the more productive areas.

PLV could then focus on a better 5Mtpa rate improving the economies of scale, which would reduce the costs even further.

I think this comment in the AGM presentation gives PLV a green light to go and start mining economically, rather than chase DSO at the lower rate to gain a cash flow.

I would love to see the PFS model on this scenario as my numbers have gone ballistic...now where's the kids piggybanks...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.