LYC 0.50% $5.92 lynas rare earths limited

You are correct.First question must be:1. why hasn't the...

1. 191 Posts.
    You are correct.

First question must be:

1. why hasn't the decision to pre-load been published?

Appreciate @Opalines and @fuzzies answers!

Feeding the LAMP with pure materials seem to make sense if used to integrate the Mt. Weld ore into the production progress step by step.

Question remains, if this is intended. Might be a little early considering that the permission to import Mt. Weld ore into Malaysia has not been issued yet.

My interpretation of the materials not been seperately announced is the following.

ATTENTION: the following content is speculative due to the lack of information provided by the company.

1. Lynas might want to ramp up production with feeds other than the Mt- Weld ore
    2. Lynas might want to have monitoring results that do not represent the results that would occur with full Mt. Weld feed by either using purified feeds or (later) diluted feeds
    3. Lynas might have bought ore AND finished REO in order to be able to report sales/deliveries ahead of time, possibly trying to avoid contract penalties that might be due according to existing contracts (we don't know the details)

COMMENT: importing and refining purified ore with no thorium might be a legitimate alternative for LYC in case of the waste storage plan of the Mt. Weld materials should take more time than expected. Needless to say: this is an expensive way of producing.

In any case I would expect the company to clarify, what kind of materials has been bought. Anything else leads to legitimate speculations (see above).

regards
    Julia

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.92
Change
-0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.533B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.95 $5.99 $5.88 $20.30M 3.422M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 186 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.94 999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.