QPN 27.3% 0.8¢ quest petroleum nl

pre open - announcement coming, page-35

1. 13,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    You have to live here to truly understand, expats that come here I love it or hate it for whatever reason.

I could write a book on what I love about living and working here and also my dislikes and occasional trepidations. From what I now know of John435 I can see he shares many of the same reasons I do for loving living here, him far more reasons than me though I can see now.

Also being here "on the ground" so to speak, permits us a luxury of being close to what goes on here and also sift through the positives and negatives to effectively weigh up risks on many levels. Note we are both now large shareholders of QPN, that in itself speaks volumes. in regards to personal risk perspective to us.

John as to the Darcy rating, I first learnt of this from the man we now follow, Saxon Palmer formerly of Prabu Energy. Saxon being a senior geologist in the oil and gas industry he explained to me the importance of it in both uranium ISR and oil and gas extraction. The rating of 1 Darcy (not millidarcy) is quite simply extraordinary. If Ranau displays the same or similar then we can literally expect some fireworks on QPN.

A millidarcy (md) = 0.001 Darcy

and

A microdarcy (µd) = 0.000001 Darcy

A Darcy of 1.0 is a massive metric, displaying very extremely high permeability. Basically very little resistance to flow, of which you want with subsurface extraction.

Definition:
    "Permeability in fluid mechanics and the earth sciences (commonly symbolized as ?, or k) is a measure of the ability of a porous material (often, a rock or unconsolidated material) to allow fluids to pass through it."
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darcy#Definition

Porosity is the other metric, that for another day when we have more on Ranau PSC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.