KAR 1.64% $1.80 karoon energy ltd

pre open, page-26

1. 1,172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    Hi all....

Haven't posted for many moons but have read everything along the way. Ninety percent conspiracy theories.... ten percent very valuable content.

Truth of the matter is that too many holders have been hanging out for this announcement just so they could sell into the anticipated strength. Not so. Too many sellers means a dropping share price.... and despite the absurd statement that KAR is a tightly held stock, the SP will react to one thing.... and one thing alone.... when sellers exceed buyers, dont hold out for much joy. the "KAR IS A TIGHTLY HELD STOCK" theory flies in the face of the market depth I have observed for months, where sellers exceed buyers by a ratio of 4 or 5 to 1.

Tightly held.... yeah, right!

I constantly read where "they" are driving the price down. I ask who are "they"..... and why are they driving it down?.... to acquire at a lower price?
    If so, the volumes suggest "they" haven't bought too many, if at all.
    The only way to drive a share price down is to implement strong sustained selling.... selling of shares you hold.... or short selling.
    Selling shares you hold merely destroys the value of shares yet to be sold. Short selling requires them to be repurchased.... thus then increasing the demand and driving the price back up. To successfully implement a successful campaign in this regard would require a crystal ball. I think the reality is that too much credit is given to "the big boys".... "the big end of town".... in short, "they".
    It is assumed the practices "they" presumably adopt, are highly successful, and that the rest of us are mere putty in their hands.

Well, I for one, dont feel that way.

Again, the volumes would discredit both these possibilities.
    Of course the annoying BOTs will have their say.... always working on a few cents here, a few cents there.... but they really are irrelevent in the bigger picture.
    Believe the conspiracy theories if you want to.... or embrace logic a bit more.... by and large, the overwhelming market forces will prevail.

I am still to witness any report to reveal a massive change in ownership of KAR shares..... and have been waiting months. No prize for guessing why no such report has emerged.

And I am still wondering who the big winners are/have been during this long period of massive rorting.

Of course I expect the usual responses from those who disagree.... but that is what this forum is all about. I have refrained from name calling and sarcasm .... and I would hope for a similar attitude, which I would expect, at least for a few more days..... then, well....?

Bripoz.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.80
Change
-0.030(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $1.442B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.83 $1.83 $1.80 $4.171M 2.304M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 100630 $1.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.81 27900 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.