precognitive dreams, page-26

1. 7,557 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2077
    Hi igilug

Some years ago I came across this little tidbit about Napoleon.

It seems he had at least one dream in which he saw his future. The dream he recounted was he saw himself leading a vast army, conquering all before him. In his hand he had a new holy book and he went on to found a new universal religion which surpassed and replaced all others.

One wonders if he had earlier dreams which had foretold his future and which had come true. If so, it is possible the above dream fueled his efforts, which led to tragedy on a grand scale.

Dreams which come true, I think, carry with them a subtle hazard. It will tend to give misplaced confidence in dreams in general. When, later, a dream comes along which appeals to one's vanity the temptation is to be uncritical.

One can only wonder about the dreams that might have motivated Hitler.

If there is a real value to such dreams, I am inclined to the view that they can serve to alert a person that there are other layers to our existence than just those which present themselves in the ordinary course of life. If such dreams inspire greater curiosity and weaken our vain imaginings about ourselves then they are worth having. But it can so easily go the other way and instead our vanity becomes even more entrenched.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.