HZN 2.70% 19.0¢ horizon oil limited

Its got some of ground to catch up. Brent Crude prices jumped...

1. 2,973 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 409
    Its got some of ground to catch up. Brent Crude prices jumped from the mid-high $40/bbl range to over $60/bbl a month or so ago, which was a pretty big deal given many in the market expected Brent to continue down to $20-30/bbl. Thankfully it didn't. The rebound in Brent prices saw the oil and gas sector rally pretty hard, globally, while HZN was sold down aggressively and its stock price continued to fall, as someone (we still don't know who?) abandoned their holding. IMC/Austral-Asia Energy, an Asian generalist investor and long term cornerstone investor of HZN, picked up the scraps and now they own ~27% of HZN. I estimate HZN, if everything is OK/it is normal, should put on ~5c/sh (my guess) at some point to recover the lost ground. Theoretically, it should be highly leveraged to an oil price recovery due to its relatively large debt position - so far it has just been leveraged to the downside. What I/we are hoping, is that is about to change.

re dividends: HZN told investors a couple of years back that it would pay out dividends from the Osaka payments. I think that is unlikely - the first Osaka payment came through and there were no dividends. The second payment is conditional on FID or a third party deal on export gas - e.g. if it does a deal with OSH on PRL 21 gas, to feed PNG LNG T3, HZN should get US$130m from Osaka Gas and things start to look better in terms of retiring some debt. HZN otherwise is about to be cash-strapped, pending the outcome of a large debt raising/refinance, or, if that doesn't work, an equity capital raising, so I doubt dividends will be a part of the HZN story for a long time (my opinion anyway).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.005(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $308.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ $363.1K 1.938M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
40 1365983 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 2099589 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.