SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

interesting -- My understanding just Isnt the same.Nandan is...

1. 1,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    interesting -- My understanding just Isnt the same.

Nandan is targeting 3 tiers, basically doing deals now (consider them new deals as he effectively managing the business now) in these 3 areas. and I'll attempt to give examples and explain (yes I could be wrong and happy for a downrampers or upramper or anyone to correct -- I do say though I disagree a bit with your view I see the downrampers quoting things of the past and never really talking to the promise of the future in reasoning and then when countered using comments like "you don't understand the business"..while things of the past are interesting to future investment choices (mistakes can be repeated by bad managers for example)... they are in the past and don't really help investors here form a view of future... anyways here quickly are the 3 tiers

distribution partners -- Nandan hiring up big time execs from industry and these are bringing in the merchants who have merchants.. example is blue snap .. basically you get a new distribution partner and they are pro using Splitit they help to get the news out and white label solution to 1000's of merchants without Splitit chasing themselves (well fully). this is fantastic and win/win and if done well could really see massive expansion and is a win/win. it's smart... Nandan is smart.

white label -- basically this is helping merchants small or big (doesn't really change profitability that much, once signed it's a bit more but it's api gateways as a service, behind the scenes. it might be unprofitable if like in the past Splitit worked with a merchant to sign up and had to do stuff like patching and updates for them, even though their customers not use or they actually bash Splitit to go with legacy BNPL --

focusing on the future if your Shannon's and you add the SPT whitelabel and you hardly use it, its highly unlikely it will make you unprofitable in SPT eyes. the solution is setup and then it's about the terms for updates etc.. which pretty sure Nandan fixed.. the short of it Splitit has improved, dropped old approaches (and bad deals that don't align with out philosophy)..I can see how some downrampers might still not get this... so I'll risk it a bit more and explain (my understanding is limited though and I'm doing this Will walking along). non profitable merchants were really the bad deals (pre latest white label), bad market fits, so like maybe some merchants were signed where the average spend was $100... (they were signed by previous management because shareholders and alike were obsessed with merchant count/numbers -- instead of profit)..at $100 transaction level on the fee service approach the cost of consuming isn't gonna work and may never work, simply because the customers will use apt or z1p for those cheap purchases -- basically those business don't sell stuff much over $1000+

this would not be the case for Shannon's insurance example - @sneef is correct and it would be profitable .. it's doesn't matter it's not a top 100 merchant -- the per transaction and the cost to do whitelabel and number of transaction will be aligned to our business and thus it will almost gaurenteed be profitable to sign them.

ok so the right pricing strategy could also make it non profitable (negated with new white label).. and poor management / a business going bad.. I fully expect now other BNPL are going to be non profitable merchants as their pricing strategy isn't sustainable. the I fully expect the 1 million merchant signed up by legacy BNPL are filled with very unprofitable merchants who's only hope of getting to profit is late fees.. this just isn't sustainable

the short of it -- Nandan dropped merchants who didn't resell Splitit as their own special service for their important customers, and didn't really see it, that if your selling stuff for more then $1000, then Splitit is doing your customers a kindness and giving them an option.. beauty of whitelabel is, the merchant gets the credit .. the beauty of the tech model /api and easy one page setup onboarding and fee as you go, means the little merchants would almost have to sell nothing to be unprofitable to Splitit or they'd have to do just a few transactions down low (as it's fee per transaction recovery).. again Nandan is doing the right thing, he is dropping the business's that just won't benefit from our particular product and are just costing us to do what... say we signed more merchants

the last tier is unlocking bnpl for issues - it's basically visa ready..

i hope this helps. imo dyor - happy for debate and be told I know nothing and am wrong etc .. seriously doesn't bother me.. infact weighting for a decent argument from downrampers so I can reduce my share holdings... just no convincing arguments.. so I recommend buy under $0.20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.