Hi Kingpins,With respect to: "the only inference you make which...

1. 21,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124
    Hi Kingpins,

With respect to: "the only inference you make which I disagree with is that global warming is responsible and can be changed
    GW has been occurring for at least two thousand years and will continue so we have to look at practical methods which are achievable"

True, we are coming out of an interglacial, but man's activities have greatly accelerated it. The biggest problem is deforestation so we have lost some of the biggest carbon sinks. The next problem is excessive fossil fuel use throwing exponentially greater amounts of carbon into the atmosphere. The solutions are pretty simple and achievable. Stop deforestation. Engage in reforestation. Stop wasting fuel on frivolous activities, e.g. urban assault vehicles, senseless wars, aircraft based tourism, city sized cruise ships, etc.

With respect to: "The Canadian fire fighters who were out here said that they have never seen ground cover so dense"

That is what happens with weed regrowth. We need real environmental restoration, not overly hot and widespread burns.

And finally, with respect to: "...how are they scientists and full time fire fighters"

I know these guys. Most are employed by the fire services full time, a few are volunteers. Most of the time they are doing science. During the fire season they are often out on the fireground, although during campaign fires they are virtually all (paid and full time) part of the relevant incident management teams doing the planning (at night mostly, for the next day). During those times I'm usually doing communications and intelligence, but also helping with other support roles (logistics, aviation, etc.)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.