LLP 0.00% 34.5¢ lloyds bank plc

prediction

1. 1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    I have summonned the crystal ball again and this is what I think was going to happen...

As foolishly pre-empted in Andrew Love and Co' untimely pre-emptive announcement, the independent report was going to recommend the LLC's bid.

The report would have said something along the lines (taking clues from other "independent" reports in similar circumstances)

"LLC's proposal is not fair, but reasonable in the absence of a superior offer"

I suspect that if the SP moves above the LLC's offer, which by all indications it will do very shortly, then the "independent" advisers will have a hard time suggesting that the offer is reasonable. So, the offer will be not fair, and to top it up, not even reasonable. Indeed, Deloitte or whichever mob it is that they hired will not open themselves to potential litigation by suggesting it is reasonable to accept a below market bid.

Although little suggested this far that Andrew Love and Co have any business sense or integrity, I hope they have some residual intelligence (not that much is required, really) that makes them feel uneasy about a stupid situation they may have put themselves into and realize how incredibly discredited they are by their pre-emptive LLC-influenced recommendation.

Uneasy nights ahead for LLP's 3 amigos. Which is fine by me.

Best regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.