prediction, page-57

1. 1,781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    re: - prediction -bigfatmomma Fall Guy,

You're being quite silly and I think you know it.

Get on the web and look up some of the State and Federal legislation and you will find that the legislation (some of which is good) is detailed and definitive.

There is in fact a dictionary definition of racism upon which legal definitions may rest.

It is rather meaningless to talk about an idea ,such as pride in our own culture as being empirical.

The Macquarie defines racism this way." 1. The belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which
    determine their respective cultures.........

I've stopped there because that(belief) is one definition of racism. The definition goes on to define racism in terms of actions that may flow from that belief.

So when you begin to look at it in that way you begin to see that racism,as defined, is firstly not empirical at all and when Rabbitto refers to that great heritage which so many of us share he is moving into an area which Multicultural "thought police" are also trying to control. (eg."the British were colonists,colonialism is racism,British Australians are racists and must therefore expiate their racism." FG. these are the sort of lawyers I had in mind.)

Of course that definition raises the question, what is meant by distinctive characteristics? Is it referring to physical or intellectual or emotional characteristics or something else?

The intellectual Left,and remember these ideas on racism essentially emanate from the Left,has claimed nurture is the determining factor but the Left has been forced to reassess the role of nature as a determinate of outcomes by the suprising results of some recent experimental population studies.

When I was younger IQ testing was starting to feel the wrath of the Left because it pointed to the evidence that some Asians, I think it was the Japanese scored more highly than Europeans and American negroes did not score well at all.

Since then IQ tests have been a no no as the Left confidently assured us that IQ variation was a result of nurture.

The vanguard of the Left it seems is re evaluating the nuture/nature component of outcomes.

Now I say that to show that the above definition of racism, which by any consideration must be the fundamental definition of racism, may prove to be based on a fallacy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.