SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Alex what astounds me about so called analysts is they seem to...

1. 3,147 Posts.
    Alex what astounds me about so called analysts is they seem to ignore the obvious. If a company is growing at an exponential rate through acquisitions it will be investing ever increasing amounts in W/C "cash" than comes through the door "cash".

If the argument is that is not sustainable I would agree - there does become a time where a company needs to catch breath and allow its investments (WIP) to catch up. That is where we are at. That is not the argument though - analysts just keep harping on about comparing earnings with Op cash flow in a given year.

Months ago I posted on HC an alternative look at cash flow. I simply moved the 'cash in' side of the equation back one year so it equated with cash outgoings of that year. I did this on the premise that cases typically take up to 18 months (and longer for project work) and there is a mismatch between outgoing and incomings. That mismatch is largely neutralised when growth is organic but not so when growth is a combination of acquisition and organic.

The above exercise painted a remarkably different picture. It made the company look attractive proposition that it is. After we have had a couple of years without acquisition growth the above exercise will be reality as backflow catch up.

MA (mightyatom)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.