COL 1.68% $18.71 coles group limited.

Preliminary Predictions

1. 952 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 851
    My predictions for the upcoming announcement on the 28th:
    • Both automated distribution centres fully operational in Brisbane and Sydney, with the legacy distribution centres winding down (on-going costs savings in operating costs + improved efficiencies.
    • Both Customer Fulfilment centres operational in Melbourne and Sydney, which should be resulting in better fulfillment of customer orders, better availability and offerings to customers, improved efficiency as opposed to having people manually picking these orders in every other local store. More centralised operation resulting in cost savings.
    • The above 2 points wraps up the largest capex expenditures by the company over the last 4 years? which should result in lower operating costs and increased profits.
    • A significant reduction in theft within stores due to the increased use of security gates, self-serve camera AI theft detection, etc.
    • I suspect the financial years revenue flat for the year with all the negative press coverage, senate inquiries, etc. with some market share potentially lost to Aldi
    • A solid Q1 of sales for this new financial year

Some significant milestones achieved / wrapped up but the question remains - what is the company strategy going forward?
    With the new customer fulfillment centres operational, I expect a driven focus on online / omnichannel sales.
    And one thing that is desperately needed is a continued reduction in waste and increases in operational efficiencies.
    A reduction in products ranged - especially those that do not translate into sales, to improve overall supply chain and logistic efficiencies, and stop bringing out new products that are over priced but are "sustainable" or "green" or "recyclable".... when the cost of living is so high no one cares about this.
    Company also needs to improve their PR, explain how much food is donated to charities like SecondBite and FoodBank and how its helping the struggling Aussies on a weekly basis. And avoid at all costs any significant payrises to the executive team / CEO.

Just my thoughts for the past financial year and the year ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.71
Change
0.310(1.68%)
Mkt cap ! $24.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.40 $18.75 $18.38 $30.61M 1.644M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1654 $21.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.84 2776 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.