Premier Andrews goes international

1. 5,135 Posts.
    Washington Post headline declares ‘Dictator Dan’ has enforced ‘drastic lockdown’

A Washington Post headline refers to “Dictator Dan” and his “drastic” rules. The Premier’s lockdown is being talked about around the
    world.

The Washington Post’s Tuesday morning print edition featured a photograph of heavily armed Victoria Police officers in riot gear among the fruit and vegetable stalls at the Queen Victoria Market.

The image was accompanied by the headline: “Australia’s virus ‘dictator’ still wins hearts.”

The story appeared online too, calling Victoria’s COVID-19 stay-at-home rules part of a “drastic lockdown” among “the most stringent pandemic control measures on Earth”.

It noted that Melbourne’s five million residents have been “confined indoors for 115 days, longer than the 92-day lockdown in Manila, 76 days in Wuhan, China, 58 days in Italy and 33 days across New Zealand”.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/washington-post-headline-declares-dictator-dan-has-enforced-drastic-lockdown/news-story/3fc9b7776525d83e97adbabc55531b38

It's OK for Call me Dan to get featured in an o/seas newspaper but I don't think an article in the Washington Post constitutes the 'world'. Let's face it, someone chomping down on a breakfast of fried yak in downtown Nagqu, Tibet while anxiously waiting for the Washington Post to be delivered so he can find out what Call me Dan is up to. There is no problem with the Washington Post reporting on the Premier's ex-cathedra announcements. We get a nightly Donald Trump story on our local TV networks which keep us informed about Trump's carnal activities so why not entertain the yanks with a Call me Dan story.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.