Premier "Satisfaction" and "Handling Coronavirus Performance" - Newpoll, page-52

1. 16,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8092
    "1. Those charts are not representative of what's currently happening throughout the World - India, Brazil, Mexico, the USA all omitted ...."

Well, I couldn't include charts of every single country.

And the USA is that big that - in terms of viral spread - it really a whole lot of different regions. Which is why I included a few US states.

But if you insist, here are Brazil, India and Mexico:

Gompertz Brazil.JPG

Gompertz India.JPG Gompertz MEXICO.JPG

As you can see, the virus arrived at these 3 countries later than Europe but their death trajectories all track the Gompertz function.

"2. Only South Africa is from the Southern Hemisphere - others are NOT emerging from the indoor season [Winter] but are indeed about to cop it."

About to "cop it"? I'll leave the histrionic predictions for others to make. I far prefer to deal in facts than wild assertions and unsubstantiated foretelling.

3. "Even the countries selected have NOT let COVID-19 just rip - Sweden for example only has ten million people, lost almost all of its tourists and became virtually deserted since it doesn't even have a major city [Stockholm is about the size of Wellington in NZ] - indeed, so spread out are its people it's pretty much like New Zealand which is essentially COVID-free! Sweden's government even urged its people to exercise COVID-safe practices and still stands head bowed after killing twenty times the equivalent of those who've died in Morrison's $For $Profit aged care sector."

Sweden's excess death rate has been negative since the end of June and on a per capita basis, its excess deaths are lower than Finland's so....

And while every one else is facing increasing cases, and here in Australia we have a state that is under one of the most draconian lockdowns in the world, cases in good old Sweden is flat-lining.

So not too sure what Sweden has to bow its head for.

No lockdown, schools open, restaurants and bars open, people at liberty to move about as they wish without being harassed or fined by the authorities.

Everyone else is still fighting the fight that Sweden finished doing 4 or 5 months ago.

I'd imagine a great many people around the world are wishing they lived in Sweden today.

"4. As of today the UK's political leaders have commenced re-imposing restrictions because COVID-19 is approaching up-up and away-eee-aye! Nor is the UK alone, other Northern hemisphere countries are currently searching for the 'Panic' button."

Most people wish this virus would disappear but your delight at the prospect of its resurgence is quite palpable.
    Nuff sedd.

Last edited by madamswer: 22/09/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.